Dear Clients, Organizations and Procurement Professionals
Procurement of equipment/supplies, works and related services for development projects involves substantial investments which are often funded through loans or credits provided by International Financial Institutions (IFI).
In many cases, increased costs and delays in project implementation can be attributed to lack of familiarity with the procurement procedures of the funding agencies combined with an inadequate command of the essential day-to-day “business skills” needed to manage international procurement operations.
Considering this fact and with believe in bringing continuous solutions to our clients and partners, Risalat is pleased to introduce a vital conference on International Procurement Collaboration in Maldives where procurement officials will gather from around the world to discuss, measure effectiveness, harmonize and enhance their procurement skills gaining new knowledge of international procurement practices from the leaders in the field such as IFIs (like The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Construction & Development, etc) or International Development Agencies like The UN, USAID, UKAID, AUSAID etc. In addition to procurement professionals joining the event, Risalat will also invite a group of Procurement experts from the academia who will lead discussion forums and shed light on different aspects of the procurement practices and the standards that should be in place.
Learning materials and other supporting resources are to be provided to delegates. The event is designed to be mostly practical as opposed to traditional theory based training programs, and delegates will participate in actual project scenarios utilizing their analysis and decision-making skills for reaching plausible solutions.
Complete details of the program features will be shared with delegates.
Conference Focus Areas
Day 1: Monday 08 February, 2021 | 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
- Opening Ceremony & Introductions
- The Role of Procurement in the Organization
- World Bank’s Procurement Policy
- Procurement role in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Panel Discussions on Procurement Planning, Tendering, Bidding and Award Management
Day 2: Tuesday 09 February, 2021 | 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
- Developing Supplier Relationships
- Reviewing Supplier Performance
- Managing the Tender Processes
- Negotiating Contract with Suppliers
- Round Table Discussion on: Advanced Procurement Management & Strategic Negotiations
Day 3: Wednesday 10 February, 2021 | 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
- Understanding the needs of the users of Procurement
- Realizing The Supplier Base
- IT Systems in Procurement
- Detecting Fraud in Contracts
- Training Needs of Procurement Personnel
- Workshop on Strategic Procurement, Contract Management & Negotiation Skills.
Wednesday 10 February, 2021 Gala Dinner & Closing Ceremony 08:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Getting to the Conference
Conference Name: International Procurement Management Conference in Maldives
Event Dates: 08 – 10 February 2021
Register Before: 31 December 2020
Venue: PARADISE ISLAND RESORT & SPA
Participation Fee: $4950
Fee Covers: Delegate Assessment (for conference participation report), Airport Pickup, Accommodation (for 5 days), Welcome Drinks, Wi-Fi, Conference Badge, Interactive workshops during the conference, Program Materials, Procurement Experts & Speakers, Activities during the conference, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map & Guide, Entertaining Tour with Transportation, Gala Dinner and Conference Participation Certificate.
Online Payment via PayPal