Municipal Governance literally affects every aspect of the daily lives of the citizens starting from the access to clean drinking water to housing and transportation. In recent years municipal governments have experienced stronger powers due to decentralized management having demonstrated good results in terms of citizen participation, meeting the needs of the population, fighting poverty, increased accountability and transparency. Formulating the effective strategy plays a crucial role in municipality development, as it has to provide a realistic guidance to the effective allocation of municipal resources be they human, physical, or financial. Municipalities need to acquire the relevant knowledge regarding how to compete and position themselves in order to provide the quality of life, jobs and services that attract businesses and people.
Municipal Development Program in Nicosia, Cyprus will equip its attendees with necessary skills and a working knowledge of operations and functions of municipal development. Throughout the course of the workshop the participants will be introduced to the key areas such as policy making, committee structure and processes, budgeting, accounting, municipality finance, community development, HRM, etc.
The program is the best suite for:
- Municipal, Provincial and National Government Officials
- City/Country Staff
- Economic Development and Planning Staff
- Municipality and Community Development Project Directors, Managers and Staff
- Community and Neighborhood Leaders
- Anyone interested in Municipality Development.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the quality understanding regarding the importance of municipality development
- Develop and Implement a clear vision and strategy for municipalities
- Relate accounting and financial knowledge to organizational operation
- Nourish Municipal Financial Management System
- Expand and Develop the Access to Municipal Services.
- Foundations of Municipal Governance
- Essentials of Municipal Development
- Developing institutional capacity & clear municipal vision
- Operationalizing the vision
- Organizational Management
- Leadership benchmark
- Managing people & Managing money.
- Preparation of feasibility and detailed studies
- Stakeholder involvement and management
- Organizational and Human Resource development
- Effective financial management systems
- Investment planning, budgeting, and execution for better service delivery.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Balanced scorecard and performance-based management
- Technical studies and support
- Expanding resource base beyond transfers
- Awareness raising
- Public relations work and participation.
- Project planning, management support and capacity building
- Project management costs
- Preparation of detailed design for upgrading
- Drainage plans
- Solid waste management
- Emergency support to the sanitation department.
- Establishment of an asset management system
- Settlement projects and landscape
- Lands upgrading
- Using technology to enhance municipal services
- Computerization of management systems.
This program is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises and case studies. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of material covered for delegates.
Program Name: Municipal Development Program in Nicosia, Cyprus
Program Dates: 09 – 13 November 2020
Registration Closes on: 30 September 2020
Venue: Cleopatra Hotel
Program Fee: $3550
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal