The services provided by the municipalities have direct impact on the living standards and the quality of life for the citizens of any given country. Poor service delivery remains challenge for many developing nations across the globe, spawning challenges for local governance systems and giving rise to community-level protests. While the members of municipalities have huge potential in improving the lives of the most marginalized and poor by providing equitable and accessible services, many of them seem to lack the clear understanding of their role and responsibilities, along with necessary leadership and managerial skills.
Municipality Services Delivery & Local Governance Workshop in Kyiv, Ukraine designed to help its participants with the set up and management of municipal service delivery programs, simultaneously enhancing their governance and decision-making skills. We aim to support you to better serve your community with a higher degree of quality, competency, and capacity.
The program is aimed at:
- Community Government Officials
- Mayors, Chiefs and Councilors
- Professionals working in the field of local governance
- Public Service Provision Officers
- Specialists involved in public sector reforms.
Upon the successful completion of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the comprehensive understanding of the role and the functions of municipalities
- Achieve Municipal Development Goals by enhancing project and staff performance levels
- Link Results Based Management, Public Management and local development plans
- Improve collaboration and interaction between public and private sectors
- Create and deliver equitable and accessible services for different groups of societies within the municipality.
- Introduction to Basic Functional activities of local government and municipal services delivery
- Understanding the importance, the role and the responsibilities of Municipalities
- New Institutional Models of local Government
- Overview of Policy and legislation.
- Local government in the System of Cooperative government
- Municipal Monitoring and Supervision
- Composition, election and term of local government
- Political structures and internal procedures
- Developmental planning and unique legal requirements.
- Mechanisms and Options for Service Delivery
- Principles of Safe Delivery
- Elected Representatives
- Efficient Service Delivery
- Creating Partnerships.
- Implications for Financial Viability
- Human Resources
- Labor Issues
- Maximizing Social Development and Economic Growth
- Working Together with local citizens and partners.
- How to know whether the municipality is developmental or not?
- Integrated Development Planning
- Performance Management Systems.
This program represents a well-balanced mix of theoretical and practical studies. Plenary sessions will be led through open presentation, group assignments and open discussion. Several Case studies will be explored throughout the course of the program. Particular emphasis will be made on regional and worldwide best practices. On the last day of the program, the delegates will have the possibility to attend the meeting with the representatives of local municipality and share their experiences, ideas and suggestions.
Program Name: Municipality Services Delivery & Local Governance Workshop in Kyiv, Ukraine
Program Dates: 18 – 22 January 2021
Registration Closes on: 30 November 2020
Venue: Dnipro Hotel
Program Fee: $3850
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Boat Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal
Get in touch for assistance & questions
Socialize with Risalat