5 days workshop & exposure on “Effective Contract Management Skills” which was delivered to group of staff members from National Rural Access Program (NRAP) Ministry of Rural rehabilitation and Development of Afghanistan at Ocean Colombo Hotel marine drive Colombo, and at Bentota Beach by Cinnamon Hotel Sri Lanka.
Risalat has organized the program for NRAP employees to equip them with advance Contract Management Skills, Latest Contract Science, its various aspects and practices during the exposure.
Program Delivery & Contents
The program was designed highly interactive for NRAP team on understanding the process of Contract Management and its Application in their roles. During the program, input of all participants was taken regarding the practice of contract management in their organization and its roles. The participants were taken to couple of major contractors in Colombo to learn about some extensive contracting experiences and methods. Different real life examples and case studies were also discussed during the training to understand the concepts better. Some of the main topics that were discussed in the program are:
- Good Contracting & Procurement Process
- Importance of Contract management
- Contract management in context of Relationships
- Developing contract strategy
- Contract monitoring
- Negotiate Contract variations
- Manage contract disputes
- Developing contract exit strategy
- Developing a contract management plan
- Risk assessment & Financial management
- Pricing structure and deciding on appropriate pricing structure
- Types and guidelines for progress payments
- Drafting specifications & requirements
- Establishing the form of contract
- Establishing the pre-qualification, qualification and tendering procedures
- Contract administration
- Contract completion.