The World Bank is one of the major financiers of development projects across the globe. Throughout the course of any project large amounts of the disbursements are spent for purchasing goods and services for operational purposes and future use. Recently, the World Bank has contributed more than $16 billion to new development commitments for Investment Project Financing. Workshop on Procurement Management of Equipment & Works in World Bank Funded Projects in Patras, Greece has been designed in order to provide its attendees the comprehensive coverage of World Bank Procurement Provisions for Investment Project Financing enacted in July 2016.
The Program is the best suite for the specialists working on World Bank aided projects. Namely the following:
- Project Heads, Managers and Officers
- Procurement Planning Specialists
- Procurement Managers & Officers
- National Public procurement Officers
- Anyone interested in World Banks Procurement Management Guideline.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will:
- Gain the quality understanding of the requirements of World Bank’s Procurement Provisions
- Master every step of entire procurement management cycle
- Ensure the compliance with Procurement Regulations for WB aided projects
- Manage the procurement process for the equipment and works
- Implement effective procurement planning strategies.
- Overview of the World Bank Group and its structure
- World Bank Projects Cycle and its Documentation
- Foundations of Public Procurement
- World Bank Procurement Policy Aims & Objectives
- World Bank Procurement Policy and regulations for Investment Project Financing (IPF) Borrowers
- Core principles in new procurement management framework.
- Emphasizing on Value for Money
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Preparing the Project Procurement Strategy for Development
- Strategic Assessment of the Borrower’s Operational Context and Capability
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and Market Research
- Supplier Market Analysis.
- Procurement Risk Analysis
- Procurement Cycle
- Designing Procurement Plan
- Regulations on International Competitive Bidding
- Effective and Approved Selection Methods; Innovative Selection Arrangements
- Competitive Dialogue, PPPs, E-Auctions.
- Standard procurement documents for procurement of equipment
- Preparation of procurement documents of Equipment
- Business competencies (Incoterms, insurance, forwarding and transport arrangements, etc.)
- Standard Procurement Documents for Works
- Common types of works contract
- Standard qualification process for works
- Evaluation Process for works.
- Bid opening, bid evaluation, post qualification, award and publication
- Contract Implementation to Deliver Value for Money
- Contract Management Plan
- Managing Complaints and Settling the Disputes
- Code of Ethics in Public procurement.
This program is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions and individual assignments. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of material covered for delegates.
Program Name: Workshop on Procurement Management of Equipment & Works in World Bank Funded Projects in Patras, Greece
Program Dates: 23 – 27 November 2020
Registration Closes on: 30 September 2020
Venue: Astir Hotel
Program Fee: $3450
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal
Get in touch for assistance & questions
Socialize with Risalat