Business contracts are majorly awarded based on compelling and persuasive proposals which make them vital for the success and advancement of the organization, however, even some highly skilled professionals consider Project Proposal Writing as a routine activity which can be overlooked and may not be given the due diligence.
Through this course Risalat suggests a strategic approach for drafting constructive proposals through honing the language in a way to make your solution more compelling to the reader. The program will give you a competitive advantage while writing proposals and provide you with the skills to write more effective, persuasive and reader-focused documents. The course emphasizes on applied tools and techniques for creating winning proposals considering global best practices and ensures positive reflection of the knowledge acquired both on you and your organization.
The program is the best suit for:
- Proposal Writers and Contributors
- Business Development Managers and Team Members
- Key Account and Bid Managers
- Employees of Non-Profit, Civil Society and Community Based Organizations
- Program and Project Managers
- Senior Executives with responsibility for preparing funding proposals for the organization.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify relevant Donors and approach them in a professional manner
- Address donor requirements and expectations through developing constructive and easily readable proposals
- Responding Accurately to the announced RFPs
- Define appropriate strategy and methodology for preparing proposals
- Think like an evaluator or investor while developing proposals
- Utilize LOFGRAME for structuring the proposal and create evaluation plan
- Incorporate Cost Analysis in Proposals and create realistic budgets
- Assemble Proposal for submission and handle post-award or rejection communications
- Hone and sharpen proposal writing skills.
- Fundamentals of Proposal Writing
- Defining Proposals
- Types of Proposals
- Difference between the proposal and the report
- Understanding the elements of proposals
- Key Questions to be answered in Proposals
- The objective of Proposals.
- Proposal Planning – Information Collection, Timeline and Milestones, Results & Outcomes, Budgeting
- Creating Proposal Outline – Choosing a format and Generating Framework
- Identifying Potential Funders.
Detailed overview of Proposal Elements Part I:
- Contents: Table of Contents, Executive Summary, Goal Statement, Project Description, Organization Information, Budget, appendices
- Narrative – Outline, Project Name, Language Use, Action words & Active Verbs, Avoiding Acronyms, Revision and Editing
- Needs Analysis
Detailed overview of Proposal Elements Part II:
- Project Description – Goals, Objectives, Methodology, Human Resources, Collaboration, Evaluation, Sustainability
- Budgeting & Costing: Incomes, Expenses, Budget Narrative
- Organization Information
- Executive Summary
- Appendices & Supporting Materials
- Packaging: Cover Letter, Proposal, References.
- Writing Tips
- Readability Check
- Proofreading and Editing
- Post Proposal Submission: Follow Up, Building Communication, Updating Information, Winning or Loosing
- Practical Assignment: Designing Full Proposal for RFP provided.
Project Proposal Writing Workshop in Goa, India will be delivered through instructor-led sessions. The presenter will apply contemporary interactive adult learning methodologies. The tools deployed will cover open presentation, group and individual assignments and case studies. Participants will go through various types of proposals, both successful and unsuccessful and analyze the determinants of winning proposals. Trainer will emphasize on challenges in proposal writing, common mistakes and the features of effective proposals from global best practices. On the last day of the program, the consultant will present a sample RFP (the nature of RFP to be determined based on delegates background) and request the candidates to design the proposals using the knowledge acquired. After the completion, the group will hold the discussion and assess the proposals drafted.
Program Name: Project Proposal Writing Workshop in Goa, India
Program Dates: 01 – 04 September 2020
Registration Closes on: 31 July 2020
Venue: Sandalwood Hotel & Retreat
Program Fee: $2150
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal