From 2008 – 2015 Simon was the CIO for the Philips Pension Fund and was instrumental in the strategic investment decisions across a number of asset classes including equity, credit, hedge funds, private equity and hedging strategies, that contributed to the Philips Pension Fund moving from a funding position of 65% to the full buyout of the whole of the Fund’s £3.5bn of pension liabilities, achieving what is currently the largest full buyout of a UK Pension Scheme.
Following leaving Philips, He worked for the National Grid UK Pension Scheme (NGUKPS) Trustee Executive Limited on a fixed term contract implementing the £12bn LDI and credit strategies following the sale on the Scheme’s in-house asset manager. This work included restructuring, negotiating and agreeing appropriate mandates for the c. £6bn credit holdings.
From 1994 – 2008 Simon was Scheme secretary and finance & investment manager for the Lex/RAC Pension Scheme, in a varied role this included dealing with frequent changes pension strategy, overseeing a number of acquisitions and disposals from a pension perspective as well as ensuring that the investment strategy met both Trustee and Company objectives. This involved managing the changes in investment strategy on a number of occasions and ensuring investment understanding within the Trustee Board. He was also responsible for financial controls including overseeing the production of the annual report within the pension department.
Prior to joining LEX/RAC plc Simon worked at Sedgwick Noble Lowndes. Mr Bradley is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants since 1999. His Qualifications include: FCCA, MAAT, BTEC Business Studies, and 7 O Levels
Pensions professional specializing in:
- Supporting companies and trustees in de-risking their legacy defined benefit schemes and taking them through to buyout
- Implementing, developing and delivering pension and investment strategies
- Developing and agreeing de-risking investment strategies for DB pension schemes through to full funding and buyout
- Providing expert opinion on civil, criminal and regulatory law cases
- Implementing appropriate DC auto enrolment master trusts with responsibility for scheme communications
- Ensuring appropriate governance models for GPP/SIPP and workplace pensions
- Counselling and communication exercises to groups and individuals on workplace pensions, pension freedom retirement options and the tax implications
- Developing and forming close working relationships with individuals, teams and stakeholders across organizations
- scheme acquisitions and disposals including TUPE transactions
- Agreeing and implementing complex investment management agreements (IMAs) for many asset classes
- Effectively leading and developing pension, investment and finance teams.