Due to expeditious economic development and increased urbanization, the levels of industrial solid waste have experienced significant growth in recent years. This Pattern calls for strategic and sustainable changes within the societies that aim the conservation of natural resources and the establishment of industrial ecology. Recycling and Disposal Management of Waste has become crucial for contemporary world, as traditional methods turn out to be ineffective for managing clinical, agricultural, industrial and municipal waste, depleting natural resources across the globe.
Industrial Pollution and Disposal Management Workshop in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei is designed to equip its attendees with a thorough and quality understanding of the types and characteristics of industrial waste as well as strategic approach and steps for waste minimization, remediation and treatment. Significant emphasize is made on waste prevention tools and techniques supporting the precaution principle. The program aims to form an adequate and sophisticated applied knowledge base for preventing and handling industrial emergencies.
The program will prove beneficial for a vast array of professionals in numerous fields. Particularly, the course is the best suite for:
- Environmental Managers and Officers
- Waste Planners and Managers
- Governmental Officials
- Municipalities Staff
- Policy Makers and Advisors
- Health and Safety Managers
- Operations and General Managers
- Senior Executives
- Program and Project Managers
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Engineers and Constructors
- Anyone involved in the prevention and management of Industrial Pollution and Related Environmental Issues.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Analyze the consequences of industry generated hazardous wastes
- Understand the content of environmental impact assessment and mitigation
- Identify and Evaluate the Policy Options for Industrial Waste Management
- Demonstrate Applied knowledge regarding pollution prevention methods and techniques
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different hazardous waste management options, methods and technologies.
- Select key performance indicators and set up monitoring with environmental management plans.
- Defining Industrial Pollution, its causes and effects
- Types of Industrial Pollutants
- Risks posed by industrial pollution
- Technological development and industrial pollution
- The role of media policies in reducing industrial pollution.
- Air Pollution terminology and Sources of Emissions
- Combustions and Non-Combustion
- Nature and Characteristics of Emissions
- Particulate and Gaseous pollution control technologies
- Waste Water, its quality and characteristics
- Discharges of Waste Water into water courses and other bodies
- Treatment of Industrial Wastewaters.
- Waste and its categorization
- Sources, Physical forms and characteristics of waste
- Waste Treatment
- Managing Landfills
- Landfill Hazards and Risks
- Principles of Sustainable Landfill
- Incineration with and without energy recovery
- Waste Minimization, Reuse and Recycling.
- Composting in Waste Management
- Open Windrow and In Vessel Composting
- Waste Minimization, reuse and recycling strategies and techniques
- Long-Term Storage of Waste
- Environmental Noise, its sources and characteristics
- The effects of Environmental Noise on Communities
- Measuring Environmental Noise
- The behavior of Environmental Noise.
- Guides to Controlling Industrial Pollution
- Environmental Compliance Guide for Industrial Plants
- Risk Management in the Chemical Industry
- Health and Safety Impacts of Industrial Pollution
- Methods and Strategies for Controlling Industrial Pollutants
- Reducing hazardous pollutants at the source of regeneration
- Methods of inspection of the generating units of pollutants.
This is a highly practical program, majorly based on case studies, group and individual assignments. A set of video examples and scenario simulations will be an interesting add-on, in order to improve the understanding of delegates regarding the industrial pollution and disposal management strategies. Multiple exposure visits will be arranged throughout the course, so that the participants can observe the factual deployment of industrial pollution and waste management tools and techniques, as well as share the practice of professionals and experts working within the field.
Program Name: Industrial Pollution and Disposal Management Workshop in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Program Dates: 08 – 12 February 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 December 2020
Venue: Wafa Hotel & Apartment
Program Fee: $3550
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining TourRegister Online
Online Payment via PayPal