An ideal starting point for aspiring journalists: this course will give you an essential understanding of basic principles of journalism in preparation for further training.
Essentials of Journalism Workshop in Bali, Indonesia will unravel the journalism industry and help you focus on your career goals, allowing you to demonstrate your commitment to potential employers. Over the course of five practical lessons you will learn about publishing history, media technology, editing, law, features, page layout and more.
This program is the best suite for starters and junior professionals in the field of journalism. It is equally useful for those with PR responsibilities at work.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and the need of qualified and professional journalists for contemporary world
- Conduct effective interviews and apply most relevant interviewing techniques based on the given situation
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of legal pitfalls present for contemporary journalists
- Advance and refine planning and writing skills and features.
The World of Journalism
- The history of the media and the free press
- The role of the journalist today
- The role of new technology.
News Stories and Interviewing
- How to write the news story
- How to find the right angle
- The importance of the intro
- Developing interviewing techniques
- Preventing the pitfalls
- How to ask the right questions.
- What is defamation?
- The Legal pitfalls for today’s journalists
- What is the copyright?
TV & Radio
- The role of radio, tv and the internet
- Writing your news bulletin
- How the radio/tv newsroom works.
Writing Skills, Features and Specialisms
- Improving your writing
- How to file a copy
- What is house style?
- How to plan and write a feature
- How to write a press release
- The role of the photo journalist.
Courts & Public Administration
- The Structure of the Courts
- What are inquests?
- How to write a safe court story?
- The importance of local and central governments
- Covering Council Meetings.
This is a highly interactive and practice-oriented training program. Various role plays, simulations, group assignments and real-life scenarios will be provided throughout the course of the studies, in order to ensure the comprehension of the material covered and maximize the results for participants.
Program Name: Essentials of Journalism Workshop in Bali, Indonesia
Program Dates: 22 – 26 March 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 January 2021
Venue: Hotel Horison Seminyak
Program Fee: $2950
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal