Good governance is increasingly recognized as an important aspect of an efficient private pension system, enhancing investment performance and benefit security. Yet, despite regulatory and industry initiatives, governance weaknesses persist across many countries. Pension Scheme Governors face unique financial and societal challenges while attempting to manage and regulate funds in an appropriate way.
This Pension Scheme Governance & Regulation course will provide advanced knowledge and management tools needed for the effective oversight and administration of public funded or partially funded pension plans. This program will help to modernize these plans and their associated pension funds in an environment of changing economic and social circumstances and new regulatory and accounting initiatives.
Pension Fund Strategies, Governance, Regulation & Investment Workshop in Bergen, Norway is designed for Pension regulators, Policymakers, Trustees, Administrators, Fund managers, Advisors, Custodians, CEOs, Human resource managers, Directors and Pension principal officers.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of pension governance, types, designs and fundamentals of pension schemes
- Appreciate the duties and management function of trustees
- Analyze Pension scheme management performance indicators
- Appreciate the importance of performance evaluation of trustees of pension schemes in enhancing governance
- Assess the risks pension funds are exposed to and the need of effective risk management.
- Introduction to Pension Funds and Global Pension Crisis
- Financial Mechanisms & Pension Plan Design; Different types of Pension Schemes
- Costs of Funding Pension Schemes; Pension Fund Deficit, Sovereign Debt & Default Risk
- Longevity, Dependency Rations, Real & Nominal Returns
- Defined Benefits and Defined Contribution Schemes
- Insurance Mechanisms and External Guarantees
- Pensions Fund and Its Parties: trustees, sponsors, actuaries, consultants & investment managers
- Asset Allocation, Capital Structure and Financial Risk
- Sources of Wealth in Pensions Funds; creating value in Pension Funds
- Different Types of Pension Schemes
- Pension Fund Asset-Liability Management, Tools & Modelling
- Pensions Funding Policies
- Portfolio Rebalancing, Asset Allocation and risk management
- Actuarial Considerations, Scheme Design & Annuity Market
- Reviewing benchmarks and Performance Assessment
- Pension Risk Management, Reporting and Governance
- Regulatory Practices and Decision Making in DB Plans.
An action-oriented, highly participative approach will be employed throughout the course, with particular attention paid to sharing international experience with a view to adaptation and practical application.
Program Name: Pension Fund Strategies, Governance, Regulation & Investment Workshop in Bergen, Norway
Program Code: PFSGRI21B
Program Dates: 07 – 11 June 2021
Registration Closes on: 30 April 2021
Venue: Citybox Bergen
Program Fee: $3950
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal