Public Policies and Development Programs aim to initiate the positive change in targeted fields and for intended beneficiaries. Scrutinizing whether or not desired changes are taking place in actual terms can be quite challenging and is frequently left unattended. The factual contributions of the policy or a project deployed can be appraised only through constructive monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques.
Impact Evaluation of Public Policies, Programs and Projects Workshop in Bangkok, Thailand introduces its participants to contemporary quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques addressed to determining the impact and influence of Public Policies and Projects. The program supports attendees with corresponding skills and knowledge for administering scrupulous evaluation of public policy interventions. The material covered is extremely comprehensive and includes all of the major aspects of the topic starting from the planning stage all the way through the designing, implementation and application of M&E system tools.
The program is the best suite for:
- Project Heads, Managers, Officers and staff
- Policy Makers
- Development Practitioners
- Government Officials
- Staff of NGOs and other Development Organizations
- Staff of Donor Organizations
- Project Performance Managers
- Independent Evaluators.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of contemporary methods and techniques applicable for the monitoring and evaluation of Public Policies, Programs and Development Projects
- Assess the Cost-Effectiveness of Public Policies and Programs
- Identify and Select the most suitable Impact Evaluation Options while considering budget, time and data constraints.
- Understand, interpret and identify the advantages and disadvantages of quantitative impact evaluations and costs-benefits analysis.
- Apply Econometric analysis techniques for impact evaluation
- Report and disseminate impact evaluation findings.
- The importance of Measuring the Impact and Outcomes
- Defining the Impact Assessment and Impact Evaluation
- M&E system in Development Projects and Programs
- Concepts and Methods for Impact Evaluation
- Applying Systematic Reviews of Evidence for Impact Assessment
- Overview of M&E Fundamentals for Impact Evaluation.
- The Results Framework
- Project Key Performance Indicators
- Monitoring and Evaluating Project and Program Performance
- Attribution in Impact Evaluation
- Contribution vs Attribution.
- Evaluation Questions
- Theories of Change
- The Results Chain
- Impact Evaluation Indicators
- Establishing counterfactuals to understand the possible outcome of implementing an alternative policy
- Causal Reference & Comparison groups
- Estimating Counterfactuals
- Impact Evaluation in case of unavailability of baseline data.
- Impact Evaluation Research Designs – Experimental, Quasi Experimental and Non-Experimental
- Sampling Techniques in Impact Evaluation
- Sample Size Calculation, Weight and Power
- Valid Comparison Groups.
- Quantitative Analysis for Impact Evaluation
- Randomized Impact Evaluation; Statistical Design of Randomization
- Impacts of Program Placement and Participation
- Propensity Score Matching (PSM)
- Applications of PSM in Impact Evaluation
- Difference-in-Difference Method (DID)
- DID estimator, cross-sectional data and balancing tests.
- Most Significant Change
- Outcome Mapping and Outcome Harvesting
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Cost-benefit and costs-effectiveness analyses
- Impact Evaluation Plan
- Impact Evaluation Reports.
This program is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises, numerical tasks, case studies and field visit. By the end of the program the attendees will participate in the impact evaluation of sample development project. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of topics for the delegates.
Program Name: Impact Evaluation of Public Policies, Programs and Projects Workshop in Bangkok, Thailand
Program Code: IMPPP21B
Program Dates: 12 - 17 April 2021
Registration Closes on: 28 February 2021
Venue: Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Program Fee: $2950
Fee Includes: Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal