Displacement and Forced migration are one of the most prevalent issues of our time. Worldwide, Over 65 million people are displaced from their homes due to numerous types of conflicts, violence, prosecution, human rights violation, food insecurity, climate change and other threats. Displacement tends to be protracted, lasting dozens of years in majority of cases. Destination countries for refugees are prompted to deal with a variety of community needs. As a result, they are focusing on increasing the capacities to handle displacement and forceful migration, while attempting to address the underlying issues simultaneously.
Vulnerability, Displacement, Forced Migration & Human Rights Workshop in Barcelona, Spain examines the root causes of increasing displacement and forced migration levels. Particular emphasize is given to the evolving legal norms and procedures created to resolve the above stated issue. In addition, the program looks into the regimes protecting different groups of vulnerable people and links them to the human rights.
The program is aimed at:
- Members of Civil Society Organizations
- Policy Makers and Practitioners working on Displacement and Forced Migration Issues
- Intergovernmental and Governmental Organization Members that are involved in human rights issues and the protection of refugees
- Employees of Development Agencies
- Staff of Refugee, Migration and Humanitarian international organizations
- Members of related NGOs
- Academics and Researchers interested in the field
- Human Rights and Refugee Protection Activists.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the problems underlying displacement and forced migration issues
- Analyze the tools and techniques to address the growing number of displaced people
- Build constructive response strategies and increase the capacity for dealing with displacement
- Identify the Mechanisms for the empowerment of the displaced
- Appreciate the importance of Refugee and Human Rights Protection.
- Introduction to Displacement and Forced Migration
- Underlying Causes of Displacement and Forced Migration
- Entry, Stay, Expulsion and Deportation
- Linkages between the Phenomena of Forced Migration, Racism, Xenophobia and Migration
- Gender dimensions of forced migration, vulnerabilities, and justice
- Resource politics, environmental degradation and violence
- International Refugees and Undocumented Migrants
- Human Trafficking and Smuggling
- Social Rights of Migrants
- International Human Rights and Asylum Regimes
- Refugee Protection
- Normative and Institutional Arrangements for protecting internally displaced and stateless people
- The human costs of Border Control
- International Migration Law
- The legal norms and instruments for the protection of refugees, migrants and internally displaced persons under international law
- Considerations into humanitarian interventions, strategies, programs and projects in response to forced migration
- opportunities and limitations of the use of legal mechanisms for responding to forced migration
- International, regional, and the national legal regimes of protection
- Ethics of Care and Justice.
This Program represents a well-blended mix of theoretical and practical activities. Contemporary adult learning techniques will be applied while delivering the sessions. Open presentation will be supported by group discussions, situational analysis, video examples and case studies. The presenter will promote the participation of delegates and encourage interactive learning process. At the end of the program, the exposure visit will be organized, so that the participants can observe the application of the theoretical material covered in real time and share the experience of specialists working within the field.
Program Name: Vulnerability, Displacement, Forced Migration & Human Rights Workshop in Barcelona, Spain
Program Dates: 15 – 19 February 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 December 2020
Venue: Vilana Hotel
Program Fee: $3850
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal
Get in touch for assistance & questions
Socialize with Risalat