In the face of complex environmental challenges and climate change concerns over the last few decades the number of displaced people has been increasing at an alarming rate. As of today, worldwide forcible displacement tops 70 million, stipulating an urgent need for effective settlement interventions and enhanced capacity of shelter provision if and when emergencies occur. Settlements prove to be vital components of post-disaster recovery allowing affected individuals to re-establish their social and economic ties, ensuring personal safety and security.
Humanitarian Shelter and Settlements Provision Workshop in Helsinki, Finland has been specifically developed for the professionals engaged in humanitarian shelter provision and settlement activities. It provides a comprehensive overview of sheltering initiatives, policies and guidelines along with the best practices across the sector.
This program is the best suit for any professional involved in humanitarian shelter provision and coordination activities willing to acquire or enhance the knowledge regarding Settlement Interventions in the face of Natural Disasters.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training program, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the Comprehensive Understanding of Displacement issue and the importance of shelter provision for affected individuals
- Understand the principles and practical approaches to Shelter coordination and Settlement in humanitarian context
- Successfully Employ Core Guiding Principles of Global Settlement and Shelter Strategies
- Take strategic approach towards settlement initiatives and analyze possible alternatives
- Refine their communication and Leadership skills in order to adhere with professional standards.
- Forcible Displacement and Associated Issues
- Mechanisms for Emergency Response
- Shelter – Mere Physical Space or Something Greater?
- Relief, Recovery and Sheltering
- Core Guiding Principles of Humanitarian Shelter Provision
- Strategic Objectives of Shelter and Settlement Initiatives
- Shelter Assistance vs Settlement Assistance
- Settlement Options for Displaced and Non-Displaced People amid Disasters
- Needs and Vulnerabilities of Displaced People
- Characterizing Crisis that Stipulates Shelter and Settlement Response
- Approached and Modalities of Humanitarian Response to Shelter and Settlement Needs
- Typology of Emergency Affected Populations
- Designing Response Master Plan
- The implementation process of Shelter and Settlement Provision Activities
- The ways for enhancing the performance of Humanitarian Response Activities.
This program uses a well-balanced blend of theoretical and practical elements. Instructor-led sessions will be supplemented by group exercises, active discussions and numerous case studies. The participants will be able to share the thoughts and experience of guest lecturers in addition to the main consultant and attend specially organized exposure visit to the office of selected humanitarian agency that emphasizes on shelter and settlement provision to displaced people worldwide.
Program Name: Humanitarian Shelter and Settlements Provision Workshop in Helsinki, Finland
Program Dates: 22 – 26 February 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 December 2020
Venue: Klaus K Hotel
Program Fee: $4750
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal
Get in touch for assistance & questions
Socialize with Risalat