Renovation and refurbishment of existing buildings are becoming more and more important these days as space and resources are often limited, especially in urban areas. Adaptations and extensions of buildings, as well as attic conversions, are a good alternative to new buildings. Refurbishments help us to create more space, reduce energy consumption and preserve our cultural heritage while bringing the building up to the latest technical standards.
Workshop on Structural Renovation of Buildings in Manila, Philippines will go through the modern methods of repair and renovation both theoretically and practically. It will review the reasons behind the structure deterioration and the decision-making process while intending to renovate them.
This program is targeted at:
- Professionals from the construction industry
- Building Maintenance & Repair Professionals
- Engineers working on Building renovations.
Upon completion of this intensive course, the attendees will be able to:
- Determine the appropriate timing for building renovation and upgrading
- Investigate the existing conditions of the deteriorated buildings
- Point out the suitable methods for strengthening the concrete structures
- Suggest the ways to improve the load carrying capacity of the beams, slabs, columns, etc.
- Examine the properties of reinforcing steel and old concrete
- Point out the weak points of the structure and ways how to improve them.
- Importance of Building renovation
- Inspection & Evaluation of Buildings
- Methods & Ways of Inspection
- Visual Inspection Criteria
- Challenges in Structural Renovation
- New Techniques for Inspecting the buildings
- Assessing Building Risks
- Likelihood of Building Failure & its consequences
- Pointing out the reasons for deterioration
- Corrosion Phenomena
- Types of cracks in Structures
- Construction & design Errors
- Risk-Based Inspection & Risk Matrix
- Renovating steel-framed buildings
- Strengthening concrete buildings
- Repairing deteriorated concrete
- Renovating wood buildings
- Renovating masonry buildings
- Wind and seismic retrofit
- Renovating building facade
- Renovating metal building systems.
This program will employ a wide variety of contemporary adult learning techniques including panel discussions, individual assignments, case studies, video demonstrations, etc. in order to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information. Active participation of each attendee will be strongly encouraged by the consultant. On the last day of the program, the field visit will be arranged, allowing the delegates to observe the practical appliance of theoretical knowledge covered throughout in-class sessions.
Program Name: Workshop on Structural Renovation of Buildings in Manila, Philippines
Program Dates: 02 – 06 November 2020
Registration Closes on: 30 September 2020
Program Fee: $3550
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal