The phenomenon of Gender Based Violence (GBV) is deeply rooted in gender inequality and represents a major issue of today’s societies regardless of their background. GBV compromises the health, security, dignity and autonomy of its victims. According to World Bank, this pandemic affects 1 of 3 women in their life. This number is staggering and calls for immediate action, as the issue of GBV is not only devastating for the victims, but it bears significant social and economic costs as well. This training program has been designed to address the problem of gender based violence and provides a set of tools, techniques and guideline for reducing and preventing its occurrence.
Gender-Based Violence Reduction & Prevention Training in Doha, Qatar is the best suit for:
- Gender Focal Points
- Development Program Managers and Supervisors
- Staff of Governmental and Intergovernmental Agencies
- Members of NGOs
- Policy Makers
- Women Advocates
- Field Workers of Donor Agencies
- Staff of UN Specialized Agencies
- Gender Researchers
- Development Actors.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Gender Based Violence Phenomena
- Apply Effective Strategies and tools for preventing and reducing GBV levels
- Develop Programmatic response towards GBV and employ report mechanisms
- Undertake relevant activities to combat gender based violence.
- Understanding the Concept of Gender
- Basic Gender Concepts and Terminology
- What is Gender Based Violence?
- The roots of Gender Based Violence (GBV)
- Gender and Socialization
- Types of GBV
- GBV and Human Rights
- Gender Analysis and its Key elements
- Introduction to Gender Mainstreaming
- Men’s role in Gender Mainstreaming
- Gender Mainstreaming and Sustainable Development Goals
- Best Practices for Gender Mainstreaming
- Combatting Gender Based Violence
- GBV Practices
- Advocacy, Negotiation and Communication Skills
- Actions against GBV at national and international levels
- Role of governmental and intergovernmental institutions in combating GBV
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
- The Bill of Rights
- The European Convention on Human Rights
- The Beijing Declaration & Program of Action
- The African Charter on Human & Peoples’ Rights
- The Convention on the Rights of the Child.
This is a highly interactive training course encouraging maximum participation of attendees. The presenter will lead the lectures through open presentation and panel discussions. Plenary sessions will be supplemented by case studies and situational examples, in order to enhance the understanding of the participants and ensure demonstrated successful results.
Program Name: Gender-Based Violence Reduction & Prevention Training in Doha, Qatar
Program Dates: 09 – 13 November 2020
Registration Closes on: 30 September 2020
Venue: Saphire Plaza Hotel
Program Fee: $2450
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal