Platform between governments and citizens is TRUST. Good governments always work for earning trust of their nations. A high level of trust between the government and citizens is essential for good governance and citizen participation. In order to build trust, governments need to communicate with citizens in a transparent and participatory fashion about their past and future decisions and actions. Citizen involvement and participation should be considered one of the key factors in making effectual decisions. Governments, therefore, should not only suffice by just informing the citizens. The ideas and opinions they put forward in policy-making and implementation processes, provide valuable input for improving the quality of local policies and services.
This intensive short-term training program will discuss the accountability chain, the participation ladder and the do´s and don’ts of citizen participation. Furthermore, it will emphasize on case studies from different parts of the world, discussing best practices and successful examples of well-implemented social accountability initiatives across the globe.
The program is the best suite for:
- Municipal, Provincial and National Government Officials
- Policy Makers
- Economic Development and Planning Staff
- Municipality and Community Development Project Directors, Managers and Staff
- Donor Development Agency Staff
- Community and Neighborhood Leaders
- Anyone interested in Citizen Participation and Social Accountability.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Develop effective tools and techniques for communication with citizens, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Identify and develop instruments for increasing social and financial accountability
- Define their own roles and responsibilities in participation processes as well as the role of partners
- Specify conditions and do’s and don’ts for successful participation projects.
- Foundations and Principles of Good Governance
- Good Governance Indicators
- Defining the key agents and their roles for good governance
- Citizen Participation – Why is it important?
- Roles of Citizen Groups in Promoting Good Governance
- Ethical Leadership in Governance
- Two Dimensions of Ethics.
- Defining Civic Engagement
- Constructive Civic Engagement and its strategies
- Enabling Environment for Constructive Civic Engagement
- Introduction to Decentralization; Discussing the 4 types
- Conditions for effective Decentralization of Governance
- Best Practices of Decentralization across the globe; Contemporary Challenges.
- Defining Social Accountability
- Rationale and 4 pillars of Social Accountability
- Mechanisms and Applications of Social Accountability
- Discussing Critical Success Factors for Social Accountability
- Introduction to Public Financial Management Cycle.
- Citizen Participation in Planning
- What are the benefits of engaging citizens in planning?
- Participatory Budgeting
- Benefits and Preconditions of Participatory Budgeting; Discussing the Challenges
- Participatory Expenditure; Expenditure tracking
- Public Expenditure Tracking Survey.
- Public Procurement & Procurement Monitoring
- Participatory Performance Monitoring
- Constructive Civic Engagement for Social Accountability
- Building the capacity of citizen groups and local government
- Media and Good Governance.
Good Governance, Citizen Participation & Social Accountability Workshop in Sofia, Bulgaria with highly practical focus and application of modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises and case studies. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of material covered for delegates.
Program Name: Good Governance, Citizen Participation & Social Accountability Workshop in Sofia, Bulgaria
Program Dates: 15 - 19 February 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 December 2020
Venue: Ramada By Wyndham Sofia
Program Fee: $3550
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Boat Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal