Community and Development Projects aim to initiate the positive change in targeted areas and for intended beneficiaries. Scrutinizing whether or not desired changes are taking place in actual terms can be quite challenging and is frequently left unattended. The factual contributions of the program or a project deployed can be appraised only through constructive monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques.
Monitoring & Evaluation of Community and Development Projects in Hanoi, Vietnam introduces its participants to contemporary quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques addressed to determining the impact and influence of community and Development Projects. The program supports attendees with corresponding skills and knowledge for administering scrupulous evaluation of program interventions. The material covered is extremely comprehensive and includes all of the major aspects of the topic starting from the planning stage all the way through the designing, implementation and application of M&E system tools.
The program is the best suit for:
- Project Heads, Managers, Officers and Coordinators
- Development Practitioners
- Government Officials
- Staff of NGOs and other Development Organizations
- Staff of Donor Organizations
- Project Performance Managers
- Independent Evaluators.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of community leadership in project development
- Understand methods for assessing the economic, social, environmental and institutional impact
- Assess the Cost-Effectiveness of Development Programs
- Identify and Select the most suitable Impact Evaluation Options while considering budget, time and data constraints.
- Create a Plan for operational and participatory M&E System
- Collect, Triangulate, Process and Analyze Project Data
- Report and disseminate evaluation findings
- Suggest Recommendations for Future Programs and Projects.
- Introduction to Project Management, its concepts and principles
- Project Life Cycle
- Issues in Development
- Development Frameworks
- Defining the Types of Communities
- Community Empowerment
- Distribution of Development Resources.
- Designing Community and Development Projects
- The importance of Community Involvement in Designing Development Projects
- Project Cycle Management
- Problem Diagnosis Techniques
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix and Influence Mapping
- Project Implementation and Control Tools
- Foundations of Development Project Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Organizational Readiness for Results Based Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Defining Monitoring, Reporting, Control, Audit, Research and Evaluation
- Program and Project Evaluability Assessment
- Planning for M&E; Setting the Baseline
- Techniques for Project Auditing
- Evaluating Project Management Systems and Practices
- Defining and Validating KPIs
- Involving Community in Monitoring Process.
- Project Risk Management Framework
- Coordinating with national bodies, project steering committees, and project staff
- Evaluating social and institutional change
- Measuring results and impacts
- Assessing economic, social and environmental impact
- Post-project evaluation
- The LOGFRAME
- Surveys and Sampling techniques
- Data characteristics and sources
- Appraisal and rapid appraisal techniques.
- Standards in data management
- Organizational issues in managing information and data
- Monitoring and Evaluation Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Utilization-focused approach to evaluation
- Evaluation of advocacy activities and capacity building interventions
- Determining and presenting data outputs
- Consultative communications with stakeholders
- Developing the Project Performance Audit Report.
This program is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises, numerical tasks, case studies and field visit. By the end of the program the attendees will participate in the impact evaluation of sample community development project. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of topics for the delegates.
Program Name: Monitoring & Evaluation of Community and Development Projects in Hanoi, Vietnam
Program Dates: 01 – 05 March 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 January 2021
Venue: Skylark Hotel
Program Fee: $2950
Fee Covers: Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.
Online Payment via PayPal
Get in touch for assistance & questions
Socialize with Risalat