Agribusiness covers all of the areas of agricultural production. It is a line of business that focuses on the processing, warehousing, distribution, marketing and retailing of products used in farming. Agribusiness plays a great role in economy creating a large number of workplaces and increased production of agriproducts.
Advanced Agribusiness Training Workshop in Colombo, Sri Lanka emphasizes on the practical implications of agribusiness management. It provides practical training in farming, related technologies as well as agricultural business studies and reflects the roles of individuals working in a range of agribusinesses. The units covered throughout this short course are designed to match agribusiness sector and reflect the need for agribusiness-specific management expertise in planning and analysis, financial and human resource management together with an emphasis on sustainability.
This program has been designed for following professionals:
- Managers & Supervisors in Agricultural Sector
- Individuals who are interested in Agribusiness
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Agribusiness professionals who wish to enhance their skills and competencies
- Any professional who has to work with Agribusiness.
Upon completion of this intensive course, the attendees will:
- Understand the nature of agribusiness products
- Gain knowledge regarding operations planning and management in agribusiness
- Appreciate macroeconomic forces affecting agribusiness development and their impacts
- Identify the means of handling agribusiness products to minimize post-harvest losses
- Gain knowledge on technological skills & Marketing tools applied in agriculture.
- Agricultural Economics – Theory, Policy Analysis, Impact & Trading
- Advanced Agriculture Methods
- Agribusiness Development Planning
- Practical Agriculture and Agrifood Knowledge
- Nature of Agribusiness Products
- Farm & Pest Management
- Water Management and efficient use
- Accounting & Financial Strategy
- Operation Planning & Management in Agribusiness
- Agricultural Cooperatives, credit & financing
- Farm Income & Investment Analysis
- Post-Harvest Technology
- Food Safety & Security
- Agricultural Marketing
- Agribusiness Extension Techniques
- Macroeconomic Forces Affecting Agribusiness Development and their Impacts to Agribusiness
- Leadership Skills & Cooperative Communications
- Research, Development & Innovation of New Products
- Data Analysis in Agribusiness.
This is an interactive training course providing a well arranged combination of direct instruction, practical activities and field visits. The program structure includes thematic lectures by experts, presentations of country case studies on food and agribusiness, panel discussions and group breakout sessions on SWOT analysis. We encourage active participation of attendees in order to maximize the results.
Program Name: Advanced Agribusiness Training Workshop in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Program Dates: 19 – 23 October 2020
Registration Closes on: 31 August 2020
Venue: Yoho Colombo City Hotel
Program Fee: $2550
Fee Covers:Register Online