The information acquired from the organization’s financial statement is a primary indicator of its financial viability and helps to determine the entity’s overall direction. The reported financial statements for banks differ from other companies, possessing unique characteristics in layout and structure. This extensive training program provides its attendees a solid understanding of banks’ financial statements and applicable methods and tools to analyze them.
The program is the best suite for Bank’s personnel who are responsible for reviewing financial statements for the purpose of assisting in making lending decisions, monitoring the ongoing health of the business, or conducting the initial financial analysis. The program also proves beneficial for finance professionals who have limited knowledge of analyzing the financial statements of financial institutions and are willing to enhance their understanding.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Review the accounting of banks’ financial statements
- Analyze the key banking ratios including growth, performance, asset quality, liquidity and capital ratios
- Determine the impact of applying different accounting standards and policies on bank’s financial statements
- Make a preliminary assessment of the performance and financial health of a bank.
- Main activities and products of Financial Institutions
- Credit Products, Trading & Investing, Services & Funding
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Major Balance Sheet and Income Statement Components
- Credit Risk Types, On and Off-Balance Sheet
- Loan Quality, Portfolio Analysis & Accounting for Problem Impaired Loans
- Reserve Adequacy: Provisioning Levels, Allowance, Charge Offs and recoveries
- Securities and Derivatives Portfolios
- Risk in Securities and Derivatives Portfolios
- Types of income and expense; Net interest margin, fees and commissions
- Ratios to measure quality and diversity of income, cost control & provision burden
- Funding sources, on and off-balance sheet treatment for securitization
- Deposits, commercial paper, repos, inter-bank lines, senior and subordinated bonds, common and preferred stock
- The volatility of liabilities, quality and liquidity of assets, contingency funding needs
- Types of capital, reported book equity, adjusted common equity and hybrid capital
- Earnings, asset valuation & capital raising.
Mastering Bank Financial Statement Analysis in Hanoi, Vietnam is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises, and case studies. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of material covered for delegates.
Program Name: Mastering Bank Financial Statement Analysis in Hanoi, Vietnam
Program Dates: 04 – 09 January 2021
Registration Closes on: 30 November 2020
Venue: Skylark Hotel
Program Fee: $3750
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Boat Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal