Road Networks are crucial for the economic development and growth of any given area. They bring along a number of social and economic benefits providing access to employment, social, health and education services. Poorly maintained roads constrain mobility, significantly raise vehicle operating costs, increase accident rates and aggravate isolation, poverty, poor health, and illiteracy in rural communities. Consequently, the maintenance and building of road infrastructure can be deemed as the most important of all public assets.
To minimize downtime of roads for maintenance activities, the overall quality of road construction has to be upgraded. The time slots available for repair and rehabilitation works are becoming tighter and tighter, which means that maintenance techniques have to speed up. This training program addresses the challenge and provides comprehensive understanding of the Fundamentals of Road construction and rehabilitation while pointing out the reasons for deterioration and the best practices for maintenance.
This program is the best suite for:
- Civil Consulting Engineers & Technicians
- Contractors & Municipal workers
- Construction Inspectors and Supervisors
- Road Maintenance Supervisors
- Relevant Government Departments
- Anyone who wishes to broaden knowledge and understanding of road construction & maintenance.
Upon completion of this intensive program, the attendees will:
- Familiarize themselves with the terms used in road construction
- Gain the understanding of compaction techniques & bulking of materials
- Learn about asphalt materials, its requirements, using guidelines and properties
- Gain the understanding of asphalt surfacing process
- Understand the role of road maintenance, it’s classification and cost-effective application
- Appreciate the importance of adequate drainage and its effects on road maintenance
- Learn about safe working practices, identification and use of protective clothing and equipment.
- Understanding the terms used in road construction
- Construction Management Overview
- Preconditions for Road Building & Maintenance; Requirements of a good road
- Basic Components of Road Construction
- Road Reserve & Roadbed
- Preliminary Investigations & Subgrade Evaluation
- Planning & Managing Road Construction Process
- Required Materials for Road Construction
- Review of Pavement Evaluation Techniques, Purpose and Methods
- Traffic Loads & Maintenance Design
- Preventative Maintenance
- Gravel Roads & Boulder removal
- Safety Aspects of Road Construction & Its materials
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- Earthworks & Formation Preparation
- Construction Execution: Planning, Drawing, Visual Assessment, Layer Works, Water Handling & Drainage
- Importance & Types of Drainage Structures
- Culverts & Culvert Pipes
- Problems caused by improper drainage systems and their maintenance
- Gravel & Asphalt Roads and their maintenance
- Road Furnishing and Ancillary Works
- Roadsides & Road Safety
- Road Symbols & Marking
- Creating a safe working environment.
Fundamentals of Road Construction & Maintenance Program in Hanoi, Vietnam over 5 days training course will employ a wide variety of contemporary adult learning techniques including panel discussions, individual assignments, case studies, etc. in order to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information. Active participation of each attendee will be strongly encouraged by the consultant. On the last day of the program, the field visit will be arranged, allowing the delegates to observe the practical appliance of theoretical knowledge covered throughout in-class sessions.
Program Name: Fundamentals of Road Construction & Maintenance Program in Hanoi, Vietnam
Program Dates: 11 – 15 January 2021
Registration Closes on: 30 November 2020
Venue: Skylark Hotel
Program Fee: $3570
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Boat Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal