Gender Mainstreaming is a strategic solution for achieving gender equality across various sectors and types of organizations. For contemporary world, gender mainstreaming is key determinant of success on the way to sustainable development. This training program has been designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of gender mainstreaming and analysis and equip its participants with functional tools, techniques and skills for constructive gender planning.
Gender Mainstreaming & Capacity Building Workshop in Dubai, UAE is the best suit for:
- Staff of Governmental and Inter-Governmental Organizations
- Development Practitioners
- Gender Focal Points
- Gender Researchers and Analysts
- Project and Program Managers
- Anybody interested in gender mainstreaming.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the role and the importance of Gender Mainstreaming
- Apply Practical tools and techniques for ensuring gender balance and equal participation in organizational and decision-making processes and development initiatives
- Utilize Gender Analytical tools and Perform Effective Gender Planning
- Ensure Equal Treatment to Women and Men and mitigate discrimination
- Encourage social and economic participation of women.
- Gender and gender mainstreaming
- Introduction and Gender Concepts
- What do we mean by ‘gender’ and ‘gender roles’?
- What are ‘gender gaps’?
- Overview of gender issues affecting society
- Approaches to Women’s Involvement in Development
- Gender Analytical Tools
- Applying Gender Analytical Tools
- Social/Gender Dimensions
- Competence development
- Consultative techniques
- Discrete tools for gender mainstreaming
- Discrimination Against Women
- Women Empowerment
- Equal opportunities for women and men
- Equal treatment of women and men
- Framework tools for gender mainstreaming
- Gender analysis
- Gender audit
- Gender blindness
- Gender indicators
- Gender sensitive evaluation
- Institutional mechanisms
- Sex discrimination – direct
- Specialized gender equality bodies
- Accountability mechanisms
- Monitoring and Impact Assessment
- Women Capacity Building
- Encouraging Social & Economic participation
- Increasing Awareness.
This is a highly interactive training course encouraging maximum participation of attendees. The presenter will lead the lectures through open presentation and panel discussions. Plenary sessions will be supplemented by case studies and situational examples, in order to enhance the understanding of the participants and ensure demonstrated successful results.
Program Name: Gender Mainstreaming & Capacity Building Workshop in Dubai, UAE
Program Dates: 08 – 12 March 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 January 2021
Venue: Copthorne Hotel Dubai
Program Fee: $1950
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Boat Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal