Water is a critical resource and a key component of sustainable development. Contemporary world has been challenged with the issue of water resource scarcity that is exacerbated by growing pressure of increasing population along with industrial and farming needs. Society’s ability to manage water scarcity problems is severely compromised by extreme climate change. Unfortunately, this phenomenon is only expected to escalate in the future.
Climate Change, Adaptation and Integrated Water Resource Management Workshop in Tallinn, Estonia has been developed in order to introduce its attendees with affordable and scalable strategic solutions in hand that can enable countries to develop more resilient economies and increase adaptation efforts to climate change. Particular attention will be drawn to effective water resource management systems and functional strategies for ensuring improved access to water. The delegates will be equipped with practical skills and applied tools for mitigating climate change impacts.
The program is the best suit for:
- Practitioners, Decision and Policy Makers working in development, climate change and environmental protection sectors
- Members of Governmental and Intergovernmental Bodies
- Employees of the NGOs operating within the subject field
- Anyone interested in integrated water resource management and climate change.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Determine the impact of climate change and its influence on water resources
- Identify and Apply Climate Change Adaptation Strategies
- Demonstrate the understanding of Integrated Water Resource Management Tools and Techniques
- Deal with Climate Change Uncertainties and Water Resource Scarcity
- Contribute to the resolution of Water Resource Conflicts.
- Importance of Water for Economic Development
- Climate Change, Its Drivers and impacts
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Climate Change Vulnerabilities and Risk Assessment
- Water and Climate Change – Current Challenges
- Introduction to Water resource Management
- International Frameworks for Integrated Water Resource Management
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Minimizing Water Loss
- Sources of Water
- Water Scarcity – Predictions and Preparedness
- Safe Water Reuse
- Wastewater Treatment and Recycling
- Storm Water Management
- Desertification Abatement
- Projections of future climate change impacts on the water cycle
- Strategy Development and Planning for Adaptation
- Technologies for addressing adaptation challenges
- Climate Change and Agriculture
- Drought Risk Management
- Conflict issues in water resources management
- Power, social processes and water rights
- Approaches to conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution measures.
This program is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises, case studies and topic related field visits. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of material covered for delegates.
Program Name: Climate Change, Adaptation and Integrated Water Resource Management Workshop in Tallinn, Estonia
Program Code: CCAIWRP21C
Program Dates: 26 – 30 April 2021
Registration Closes on: 28 February 2021
Venue: Hotel L’Ermitage
Program Fee: $3850
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal