Peacebuilding is both structural and social process possessing an exceptionally complex and multifaceted nature. It requires significant amount of human, financial and institutional resources. Conflict-free settlement of disputes is an essential element for achieving Sustainable peace and is of strategic importance for global durable development, Peacebuilding helps to create security and stability within the communities and country at large safeguarding lives and properties.
This extensive training course focuses on enhancing participants’ capacity for peacebuilding allowing them to effectively respond to the current and emerging challenges and new frontiers in peace and conflict mitigation.
The program is aimed at:
- Governmental Officials
- Members of NGOs and Development Agencies
- Public Servants
- Conflict Management Professionals
- Anybody interested in sustainable peace building.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Comprehend the sources of conflicts, conflict escalation and conflict mapping
- Appreciate the importance of Peace Building
- Identify and Implement Effective Peace Building Strategies and Support Conflict Prevention
- Demonstrate Conflict Mitigation and Transformation Skills including dialogue, mediation and Negotiation Skills
- Improve the organizational impact on peacebuilding objectives
- Engage Stakeholders and mobilize support for peacebuilding and conflict resolution activities.
- Understanding Conflicts
- Historical perspectives of Conflicts
- The Conflict Cycle
- Types of Conflicts
- Importance of Engaging Stakeholders in Conflict Management
- Introduction to sustainable peacebuilding
- The importance of peacebuilding
- The escalation of Conflicts
- Conflict Analysis Frameworks
- Conflict Response Strategies and Mechanisms
- Best Practices in Conflict Management
- Conflict Mapping
- Identifying Conflict Sources, actors and their interests
- Conflict Transformation
- Understanding Conflict Prevention
- Peace and Dialogue Architectures
- The complexity of Violent Conflicts
- Peacemaking and Peace Agreements
- The types and purpose of Peace Agreements
- The context and the need for Humanitarian Action
- The principles of Humanitarian Action
- Internally Displaced Persons, Forced Migration and Refugees
- Relief, rehabilitation and development as part of peace-building
- Sustainable Justice, Peace and Reconciliation
- Diplomacy, Dialogue, Mediation and Negotiation.
Training Course on Conflict Management and Peacebuilding in Istanbul, Turkey has a strategic focus on the practical appliance of material discussed. The presenter will lead an open presentation and suggest the ideas for group discussion. The delegates will go through multiple case studies and individual assignments, allowing them to test out their capacity for peacebuilding and conflict management. Video Demonstrations will supplement each session. By the end of the course, a study tour will be arranged for the participants providing enhanced understanding of the topics covered.
Program Name: Training Course on Conflict Management and Peacebuilding in Istanbul, Turkey
Program Dates: 11 – 15 January 2021
Registration Closes on: 30 November 2020
Venue: Midtown Hotel
Program Fee: $2950
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Boat Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal