Many companies are realizing that the traditional project management principles are no longer applicable in today’s extremely dynamic and demanding environment. A fixed approach of planning is no longer a good method since it is very difficult to anticipate everything in advance and respond to it in the plan. Instead, more agile planning methods are required to accommodate for changing markets, technology and resources over the course of a typical project.
As a result, new project managers must be systematically taught on best practices and established management techniques. In this course, you will understand the role of project manager as a broker of information. The emphasis here is on the day-to-day running of a project as opposed to leading a team using emotional skills.
Project Cycle Management Workshop in Lisbon, Portugal is designed for both private and public sector organizations. Program will be beneficial to:
- Project Managers, Supervisors and Program Officers
- Organization Development and Administrative
- Anyone new to or currently involved in Project Management who wants an effective understanding of its principles and concepts.
- Differences between a project and your daily tasks?
- Project Management versus Team Leading
- Setting up project objectives and constraints
- Identifying scope and ultimate goals
- Stakeholders and clients roles in project objectives.
- Project life cycles & planning models
- Introduction to planning tools
- Work breakdown structures
- Estimating time and cost
- Resource allocation and management
- Setting up Gantt charts
- Precedence networks
- Risk management
- Creating contingency plans
- Effective documentation system.
Project Progress Monitoring
- How to monitor performance and measure progress against objectives
- How to keep track of new issues as they are discovered and eliminating them
- Effective decision making
- Quality control procedures.
Handling Clients and Stakeholders
- Effective communications
- Influencing key people
- Keep your clients updated
- Manage requests for change.
Handling Team Members
- How to give effective feedback
- How to have a productive meeting
- How to maintain rapport with team members
- How to motivate the team and keep them committed to the project’s mission
- How to boost creativity.
- How to manage a meeting to get everyone’s input
- How to capture what is discussed
- Effective brainstorming
- Meeting frequency.
- Stakeholder Acceptance
- Final documentation before closing down
After attending this program participants will be able to:
- Manage resources of the project
- Monitor the progress of the project against targets
- Use Work Break Down Structures (WBS) to plan a project efficiently
- Handle team members and motivate the team
- Boost creativity systematically
- Manage efficient meetings to increase efficiency
- Maintain rapport
- Manage change to project requirements.
The methodology is designed to encourage maximum participation by all delegates. The presenter will suggest ideas and theories to the delegates and then coach them to test out the ideas by the use of discussion, small group work, exercises and feedback. Each day of the seminar will end by delegates completing their own record of what has been learned on the day and considering how the ideas might be transferred back to the workplace.
Program Name: Project Cycle Management Workshop in Lisbon, Portugal
Program Code: PCM21PL
Program Dates: 14 – 18 June 2021
Registration Closes on: 30 April 2021
Venue: Amazonia Lisboa Hotel
Program Fee: $3850
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining TourRegister Online
Online Payment via PayPal