Humanitarian Security risk management represents a set of tools that can aid organizations to place appropriate safeguards and thereby ensure that the entity’s most important assets – people – are not exposed to undue risks. Responses to safety and security challenges differ across countries and sectors. Owing to different organizational values, perceptions, risk thresholds, and available resources various management approaches have been formed and applied.
Security Management Workshop for Humanitarians in Warsaw, Poland has been specifically designed to provide a comprehensive understanding to managers of humanitarian and development programs regarding security risk mitigation tools and techniques. The program builds upon three key areas that are: security risk assessment, security plans and planning, and critical incident management.
This Security Management Workshop is the best suit for:
- Managers and Executive Staff of NGOs and Humanitarian Organizations
- Security Managers and Professionals working on Humanitarian Projects in Insecure Settlings
- Field Program Managers
- Those preparing for deployment to insecure areas.
- Anyone with strategic /organizational responsibility for security.
- Introduction to the Concept of Risk in the Humanitarian Sector
- Types of Security Risks and Risk Management Processes in the Humanitarian Sector
- Safety vs Security
- Environmental Scanning
- Organizational and Context Analysis
- The threat, Vulnerability, and Mitigation
- Application of Risk Standards and Models
- Duty of care and responsible partnership
- Governance and Accountability
- Differing perceptions of risk
- Gender and security
- Staff care: Disparate levels of security capacity and support
- Organizational policies and approaches to a duty of care
- The emerging concept of responsible partnership
- Humanitarian principles: Operational interpretations and applications by national aid actors
- Incident response, analysis, reporting, and information management
- Security strategies, policy, and planning
- Skills and resources required to implement a security plan
- Crisis Management
- Operational continuity
- Team management through security programming
- Practical considerations of operational security management
- Awareness and Capacity Building.
Upon the successful completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of global insecurity trends in the humanitarian sector and the types of responses to meet these threats
- Employ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) and Security Risk Management (SRM) approaches to aid Field Workers
- Assess threat patterns, analyze risk, and prioritize measures to reduce risks of different threats
- Develop basic security plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and scenario-specific contingency plans for serious security incidents
- Respond effectively to critical security incidents in the field
- Develop and Refine Key skills for humanitarian security risk management and enhance the performance of projects.
The Program represents a well-blended mix of theoretical and practical activities. Contemporary adult learning techniques will be employed while delivering the sessions. The open presentation will be supported by group discussions, situational analysis, video examples, and case studies. The presenter will promote the participation of delegates and encourage an interactive learning process. At the end of the program, the exposure visit will be organized, so that the participants can observe the application of the theoretical material covered in real-time and share the experience of specialists working within the field of Humanitarian Security.
Program Name: Security Management Workshop for Humanitarians in Warsaw, Poland
Program Code: SMHP21W
Program Dates: 01 - 05 March 2021
Registration Closes on: 31 January 2021
Venue: Golden Tulip Warsaw Centre
Program Fee: $3850
Fee Covers: Visa Assistance (complementary), Participant Assessment, Airport Pickup, Accommodation, Wi-Fi, Breakfast, Workshop Kit, Interactive workshop, Program Materials, Local Expert, Practical Activities, Lunch, Refreshments, City Map, Field Visit, Certificate & Entertaining Tour.Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal