Wildlife Management refers to the manipulation of the populations of animals along with their habitats in order to benefit the humans and the wildlife itself. The process of Wildlife Management covers the areas such as running parks and reserves, altering or rehabilitating wildlife habitats, pest control, managing wildlife harvests, etc. Through wildlife management applications, it is possible to maintain the populations of wild animals at corresponding level to the interest of the wildlife and the public. Although, achieving the target is quite complex.
This short term training program furnishes its attendees with an overarching overview of major aspects of wildlife and habitat management, through reviewing latest developments in methods and techniques applied within the field.
Wildlife Management Workshop in Phnom Penh, Cambodia is designed for individuals who are currently working or are willing to join relevant governmental agencies, animal conservation groups, wildlife management services, or other related organizations.
Upon the successful completion of this extensive program, the attendees will:
- Gain the understanding of different ways of wildlife populations management in various situations across the world
- Analyze and interpret the principles of wildlife ecology
- Apprehend the importance of managing wildlife and wildlife habitats
- Apply a variety of different wildlife management techniques and tools in practice
- Comprehend the limitations of legal and administrative initiatives while seeking to pertain more effective wildlife management.
- Introduction to wildlife management
- Approaches to wildlife management, preservation & conservation
- Landscape Fragmentation & Habitat Diversity
- Biological control & integrated pest management
- Wildlife Ecology
- Mutualism, Commensalisms, Competition, Predation, parasitism, herbivores
- Behavioral, community & Population Ecology
- Wildlife Habitats
- Biomes, Ecosystems, Microclimates
- Changes to Habitats (Physical, Biological, Pollution)
- Water for Wildlife
- Deforestation & Afforestation
- Population Dynamics
- Rodents, Squirrels, Rabbits, Mosquitoes, Grasshoppers
- Exponential Population Growth & Carrying Capacity
- Fisheries stock management
- Stock Management Methods
- Wildlife Censuses
- Wildlife Management Techniques
- Habitat Modification
- Vegetation Management
- Predator Control
- Habitat Features
- Control of pest or undesirable wildlife species
- Wildlife Management Law and Administration
- International Environmental Law
- International Customary Laws
- Environmental Ethics & Enforcement.
The presenter will apply various adult learning techniques while leading the sessions for the subject training. The tools used will cover: case studies, group tasks, individual assignments and topic related field visits. The trainer will request for feedback after each and every session in order to improve the coming ones and maximize the understanding of participants regarding the material covered.
Program Name: Wildlife Management Workshop in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Program Dates: 16 – 20 November 2020
Registration Deadline: 30 September 2020
Venue: Samnang Laor Hotel
Program Fee: $2950
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal