Projects of various kinds aim to initiate the positive change in targeted areas and for intended beneficiaries. Scrutinizing whether or not desired changes are taking place in actual terms can be quite challenging and is frequently left unattended. The factual contributions of the program or a project deployed can be appraised only through constructive monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques.
Strategic Performance Monitoring & Evaluation in Singapore is designed to develop individuals’ understanding of what monitoring and evaluation entails, why it is so vital, and how to do it in an effective and participatory way. Delegates will learn to use a range of monitoring and evaluation tools and activities that will help them improve accountability, learning and effectiveness of projects and programs.
The program is the best suit for:
- Project Heads, Managers, Officers and Coordinators
- Development Practitioners
- Staff of NGOs and other Development Organizations
- Staff of Donor Organizations
- Project Performance Managers
- Independent Evaluators
- Executive Managers
- Anyone Interested in Participatory and Strategic M&E Processes.
Upon the successful completion of this intensive training course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of contemporary methods and techniques applicable for the monitoring and evaluation various Programs and Projects
- Assess the Cost-Effectiveness of the Project in Question
- Identify and Select the most suitable Evaluation Options while considering budget, time and data constraints.
- Understand, interpret and identify the advantages and disadvantages of quantitative impact evaluations and costs-benefits analysis.
- Prepare a detailed budget for project M & E activities
- Develop and track M & E indicators
- Report and disseminate impact evaluation findings.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Life Cycle
- Results Based Management in Projects
- Fundamentals of Strategic Performance Management
- Performance Review Tools
- Success Mapping & Goal Setting
- Defining Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Linking M&E to Project Life Cycle
- Baseline and End Line Studies
- Comparing Monitoring, Evaluation, Reviews and Audits
- Ethics and Standards of M&E
- Effective Approaches to M&E
- Minimizing Bias & Error in M&E Processes
- 6 Steps of Project & Program M&E
- Determining the Purpose & Scope of M&E System.
- Determining the Key Project Stakeholders
- Project Stakeholder Matrix
- Identifying M&E Requirements
- Planning For Data Collection
- Quantitative & Qualitative Data Gathering Techniques
- Sampling Requirements
- Planning For Data Analysis, Utilization and Storage.
- Plan for M&E HR and capacity building
- Determine the extent of local and external participation
- Define the roles and responsibilities
- Prepare the M&E budget and itemize its needs
- Determine M&E costs and budget requirements
- Standards in data management
- Organizational issues in managing information and data.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Utilization-focused approach to evaluation
- Evaluation of advocacy activities and capacity building interventions
- Determining and presenting data outputs
- Consultative communications with stakeholders
- Preparing M&E report
- Developing the Project Performance Audit Report
- Future suggestions & Recommendations.
This program is a short term extensive training course with highly practical focus. The presenter will apply modern adult learning techniques in order to maximize the effectiveness of the session delivery and achieve successful results. The methods deployed will include open presentation, group discussions, individual assignments, practical exercises, numerical tasks, case studies and field visit. At the end of each session the trainer will request for feedback and consider comments received for the coming days in order to improve results and ensure the maximum understanding of topics for the delegates.
Program Name: Strategic Performance Monitoring & Evaluation in Singapore
Program Dates: 16 – 20 November 2020
Registration Closes on: 30 September 2020
Venue: Furama Riverfront
Program Fee: $3650
Fee Covers:Register Online
Online Payment via PayPal